Sunday, February 25, 2007

Why Blog??

Big knitter (the husband) doesn't know I started a blog and included him in it, so we will have to do without his postings for at least the time being. I am here to vent about what it's like to live with a newbie knitter, yarn junkie husband.
I'm the little knitter. I nicknamed myself that because I try to knit only smallish projects. I do this because I am the world champion project starter. I love to figure out new patterns and new techniques and new yarns but I tend to get bored after I get it all figured out and I do have a little bit of a UFO problem. Ok, I have a Big UFO problem. So my coping mechanism lately has been to think small. It sorta works.
Big Knitter (BK) knits BIG! I'm talking blankets here. And BK likes nice yarn. I'm talking Nice! BK doesn't like to look at price tags. As a result, we are constantly on the search for the Perfect Yarn.
So I will document the search...and if you don't mind we'll keep BK out of it for awhile...and we'll see where our search takes us. We do travel a bit in our small RV, always keeping our eyes out for knitting stores along the way. We also travel on the www, so you never know where we'll end up.
By the way, while BK is busy buying all his big yarn for his big projects, I usually manage to slip a thing or two into the shopping cart, so I will also have little projects to share...and if you ask me, my projects are always much more interesting than BK's. You be the judge!
Till next time...

No comments: