Sunday, February 25, 2007

First Little Projects posted

I joined the KOTR Dalarna knitalong, it's the first time I've ever done any knitting-along with anybody on the internet. It seems like there really aren't very many people knitting with me. I joined the KAL on February 8th and there have been less than a half dozen posts on the group since then. Even so, I am coming along nicely with mine and have actually completed one sock. Yay! I made it shorter than the pattern called for, then I had a bunch of yarn left over, so I may do some modifications later to add an inch or two to the cuff. Not too sure how I'll do that, since it was knitted top down. But I'm sure EZ would have figured out a way, I will check in with her first, if I can't find any advice, I will unvent a solution for myself. Now I have to get myself motivated to do the second sock. With so few people knitting along, that may be quite a feat in itself.




I recently purchased the sock blocker from Chappy along with a couple of "kid sized" sock blockers. They're my first sock blockers and I am really enjoying them.

I just discovered 'knitting blogging world' a couple of months ago, so I admit I am a real newbie to this format. But I've been reading Nona for inspiration and I decided to try making some knucks. Here's a photo of my first knucks knuckles.





In real time, I am actually up to the cuffs on knucks (knuck?) number one, but I don't have a picture of that yet. I didn't find the Perfect Yarn for these, so I am not too sure I like them, but I am trying to rehabilitate myself and finish some projects this year, so I will try to endure until they are done. And I will look around for the P.Y. for my next pair.

No comments: