Sunday, June 10, 2007

CYTSE Part Two

After a very long delay in my blogging (having to do with getting on a cruise ship to Alaska and being away from internet among other things), I hereby present part two of our Canadian Yarn Tour for Stash Enhancement! About time!

As promised, I did locate the name and website of the cool weaving/knitting store in Thunder Bay, Ontario (mentioned in my last post), Threads In Time. Do visit if you live near the border, it's worth the trip.

Moving on to the province of Manitoba, our tour wouldn't be complete without making a stop at Ram Wools in Winnipeg, which we nicknamed "little Webs". What a great store! It's located in an industrial section of town, but we really lucked out as we happened to hit it on a day in which everything in the store was 25% off! What could be better? There were a half dozen women working that day, buzzing around the tall shelves with their baskets, filling all the phone and internet orders they were getting for the sale. So they pretty much left us alone to browse the shelves, which we thoroughly enjoyed!

Here's some goodies little knitter picked up:


I have most of EZ's books and love them. This is a GREAT book! I would highly recommend it if you're an EZ groupie like most knitters are. By the way, I happened across this blog...a blog full of Zimmermaniacs! Haven't yet joined, but I'm sure I will one of these days.

The bright green Sisu wool is destined for a Bee's Knee's sweater, not sure which one yet. And I couldn't resist some more sock blockers (after all 25% off is tempting). They're not as fun as Chappy's, but useable. Fiber Trends brand, feels like they are made from some type of plastic composite:


The alpaca sock weight yarn will hopefully be some socks someday. It's amazingly soft and will probably need reinforcing yarn on the foot and heels. But that's for another day.

Which brings us to the burning question from last post:
If YOU saw this on the side of the road, would you not screech on the brakes and make a hard left turn into this place?

I thought so.

Well, here we found Egli's Sheep Farm and Animal Park, which had a store, which sold all sorts of sheepskin and wool. (and even some manufactured yarn.)
I must admit I was a little bit creeped out because of all the sheepskin products inside and the sheep farm outside, but I perservered and it really was a lovely shop with some very friendly sales people. I found a manufactured wool, zippered sweater vest that was amazing and warm, but couldn't bring myself to pay the price (which was well worth it...) since I knew there were so many yarn stores ahead in our travels that I knew I would need to purchase something from!

I did pick up a neat little sheepskin hot water bottle cover, though. And off we went.

Coming up next: Calgary, Alberta.

No comments: