Friday, June 1, 2007

Road Knitting and Yarn Shop Browsing

Here's a baby boy's sock, ready to finish off (yarn from last post):
I was thinking about getting some navy blue ultra suede and sewing some kind of sole on this sock, kinda like the store bought ones they have for babies now.
We made a stop at Webs on our way out of Massachusetts yesterday. Here's the haul!
This really nifty bag from Lantern Moon, it has loads of inside pockets and is soooo soft. The straps are adjustable too.


And:1)Reynolds Soft Sea Wool, destined for some sport weight socks. The color is actually eggplant; 2)Blue Sky Alpacas alpaca/silk, destined (maybe) for my Embossed Leaves Socks from Favorite Socks; and last but not least, 3)Blue Sky Alpacas handspun cotton, DK weight, which I will swatch and hopefully use Favorite Socks' Austrian Socks. I wound the first ball of the handspun and it feels thicker than I thought it would be, so we'll see how the swatch goes.

Oh, and:

The booklet is Puddle Jumpers from Classic Elite. The sweater is the Provence Cable Pullover. The yarn is Classic Elite Provence cotton. For little knitter, this project is classified as HUGE. But I will attempt the bittiest size, 12 months. I originally saw the sweater on the back of Knits magazine and fell in love with it. So, when I saw the booklet at Webs, and then the yarn in the same colorway as shown, I just couldn't resist.

No comments: