Friday, August 31, 2007

Baby Steps

I'm still working on getting out of the knittin' funk. Been doing a bit of sewing instead.


I had great fun making this "Olivia" drawstring backpack.
I wasn't too sure how to go about making it, (I wanted the straps to be adjustable and I wanted it to be lined.) and I guess I was feeling too cheap to go out and buy a set of instructions ~~wow, I really am in a funk!~~ so I took ideas from several free patterns that I found online and came up with my own instructions.
The straps are still long because I haven't tried it on my granddaughter yet and I wanted to make them the right length for her.
I was thinking I might make another one and do a little tutorial with the directions. I have a couple of fat quarters of material that might work. Of course, doing all that would require me to be fully out of the funk, so I would't be holdin' yer' breath on that one.

I also did a little bit on the baby beanbags. I'm done with the stuffing and sewing up part. I ended up using beans instead of the rice for filling. The rice was too dense and heavy. The pinto beans are a perfect weight and density.

I'm just doing a simple running stitch around the edges to give them some extra color. The T is my grandson's first initial.


Well I guess that's about it for now.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I love the fabric. So cute.