Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Danger! Male knitter in the household!

OK, so the big knitter handed me this (the yarn, not the mug)

You know, I gotta tell you it's challenging enough to have a big knitter in the house (just think of the yarn storage, for one thing); then he walks into the room holding this HUGE ball of yarn.

After laughing hysterically,while simultaneously admiring the yarn, I said: "You know what they say about men and compensation!"

I had to take out the measuring tape and check it out! This big ball o' yarn is 6 inches!

As a little knitter, I was duly impressed. I told big knitter it's only fair to share this with the world, geesh, so it can be appreciated, for goodness sake!

Enjoy!

(And, oh, one thing I do respect about the big knitter is that he's secure in his place in the knitting world, so he's a pretty safe target. Another thing is he never reads this blog anyway so I pretty much have wide latitude.)


What we have here, is a beautiful, gorgeous skein of hand-dyed Fleece Artist wool/silk, worsted weight. Wow, I'm pretty sure I remember laying claim to the finished project when we first saw the yarn during our Canadian Yarn Tour for Stash Enhancement. The big knitter ordered enough yarn for a big blanket and we got the box today from Threads In Time, along with a nice letter from the owner, Lynn.

There's no yardage info listed on the skein. (but I estimate LOTS). There are EIGHT skeins! I'll try to post some progress photos when we see how fast big knitter can knit this up.

Speaking of big boys, er, I mean...
I found this today, stashed in the spare bedroom. (Well, not this exact one, but I was too lazy to take the actual one out of the box for a photograph).


I would love to gift this totebag to a new knitting home, ASAP. It's a very big bag and made from heavy canvas; too big for my projects and the big knitter doesn't like the thick canvas. Here' a link to the same bag being sold on QVC.

Oh, yeah, another thing, I'll throw in the postage to get it to you. (in the U.S., that is.)

If you want a chance at this humongo...yeah, I guess that's the theme for the night...bag, just do this:

Leave a comment here or send me an email at: mostlybears at liveline dot com and I'll include you in a random drawing as soon as I get enough responses to make it fair.

Good luck and happy knitting.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would adore having your project bag! I'm always on the look out for something to thwart the inquisitive toddler grand daughter!

Cherryl said...

I would love to have the project bag. It would be bright enough that I wouldn't be able to lose it!

Diane said...

Got ice tea up my nose laughing about "you know what they say about men and compensation!" Too figgin funny.

Carol said...

It's like a giant pumpkin! LOL What knitter doesn't need somewhere else to store yarn, er... projects?

Allen Duhon said...

I'm a guy in Lake Charles, LA and I'm always looking for something to put my knitting in. Since I'm a guy and the colors are not "girly" Pink or something, I think it looks great. I would love to be in the drawing for the bag.

Sheltering Stitch said...

I've seen smaller versions of this bag but not the larger...drool...oh the projects one could store in that puppy! Orangew being my favorite color, makes the bag that much more appealing!
As for that mug, omg....too funny! I'll stick with the thought that it's the PMS that does that too me NOT that it's really my personality! lol

socker-mom said...

Love your site! Especially the bears and your "gratefulness" experience! I had a similar endearing experience with my dad, being lucky the 1st time around the way things happened but not so lucky the 2nd time around. At least I had him 4 years longer! Anyway, I am a "big knitter" in Ohio but my teenage daughter, who is a new little knitter wants to be more like me, and if I win your tote I will give it to her so she can expand her horizons. She loves bright orange and would adore it! THANKS!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to be included in your drawing. one can never have too many places to keep our stash. LOL i love your site, and i love bears too.
hugs, Betty

Anonymous said...

Please add me to the drawing. I can always use a bag like that

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading your blog! Great sense of humor! Would appreciate winning your knitting bag - great idea! Would be put to good use!!!!!

Nanette said...

Please include me in your drawing, too. I've been looking for the "right" bag to organize/carry my yarn/projects. The longer I look at it, the more "perfect" for my needs it seems to become.

Bertha said...

I would love to get this project bag. I usually take my knitting/crocheting to work so I can do it at lunch and this would be perfect

Anonymous said...

Please include me in your drawing.
I'm new to knitting and a project bag would really come in handy.
Thank you for your kind offer. Carol--claufferATcommpluswvDOTnet

Jane said...

Hi I would also love to win your tote bag. It would be great when I go to nursing homes and visit my friend and we sit and knit and crochet. It would be so convenient to carry what I need along. It looks like it has lots of compartments to carry things in.

Unknown said...

Cool bag, and love your bears!! I would give the bag to my daughter, she needs to get her knitting organized! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Please enter me in the drawing--
Love your bears! I would give the bag to my daughter- she needs to get her knitting organized!

Anonymous said...

It would have a wonderful home with me..and I could almost then take that kitchen sink with me, so I could make meals inbetween rows.... It is lovely and you are so generous... Wish me luck in your super draw for this bag, Thanks, Tilly

Anonymous said...

I would love the bag.... I can see it sitting beside my recliner filled to the brim just waiting to take a trip to S & B!

Ellen

Rachael said...

Ooh, that looks like something I could actually keep the dog out of for more than 10 seconds, throw my name in the mix.

Anonymous said...

I love that bag! Sign me up! I'm so jealous your husband knits...mine used to before I met him, now he just complains about my stash.

Catherine said...

The link to Threads in Time didn't work for me, so I actually have one of their business cards, and here is the correct addy: www.threadsntimeweaving.com

I have recently moved to Thunder Bay and am glad that you thought these stores were worthy of a visit. Coming from Knitting Heaven, aka The States, it's been the most difficult part of the move.