Monday, March 5, 2007

Big Knitter's New Projects

The Big Knitter had to start some of his new yarn and here's what's going so far:
This one is from Catalina Alpaca Cotton, soooo soft! All stitch patterns are unvented. Often, he knits from the same end of the needle twice in a row (with separate colors) to get the effect he wants.


This one is from the Artful Yarns Jazz that Big Knitter just ordered from Webs:

This is the throw that he started three times until he got the pattern he wanted:

And this is (I think) alpaca that Big Knitter bought a couple of skeins from our lys, to see if he liked the colors. (he does, and so do I)

And, last, but not least, I finished, finished, finished (meaning I promise I will not pick out anything else or add anything else to) my first KOTR Dalarna sock. I added one more set of twining/ribbing by picking out my former cast on row and working the ribbing pattern from bottom to top. I cast off using Peggy's method from the Socknitters website.

When I make the second sock, I will have to provisionally cast on, work the first ribbing section going down, work the second section going up and cast off the top again if I want the two socks to look alike. Aah, it's the challenge that keeps me going.

No comments: