Thursday, March 1, 2007

A surreal life.

I must say it is quite strange...indeed surreal...to be conversing about knitting, gauge, basket weave or a new yarn with my husband of over 30 years! Sitting in our respective knitting chairs, with our respective Ott lights, with our 'projects du jour' on our respective laps, I often find myself flashing back to the Before Big Knitting (bbk?) days, trying to remember what life was like. I can tell you Big Knitter really didn't have alot of interest in my fiber world. Now, it's like some cosmic event has brought us to this place, to a home filled with lovely fibers and creativity, together. Whew, somebody pinch me!


BK did FINALLY open his Webs box. Here's what was inside. A whole big bunch of Artful Yarns Jazz. Two blankets worth, to be exact.





In two different colorways.





My little knitting Knucks project is almost a non-UFO. These aren't my favorite colors but I plan to redeem them with some kind of (yet to be determined) Knucks Decor and Message. I still have a few internal strings to finish. There were ten million ends in this project! I used EZ's I-cord fingers for these, that was quite fun. I also made the thumb gusset kind of short. I kept trying them on and found out I have narrow wrists, so I had to fudge.

Why is it one can have narrow wrists and then an extra __ lbs around the middle. I need some kind of redistribution of stitches, if you know what I mean.



No comments: