Monday, March 12, 2007

De Stash-i-fying

An intrepid foray into my closet this morning yielded a large stash of unused clothing which I'll hopefully get dropped off to Goodwill tomorrow...now I can fit all my UFO tote bags in there, each one on its own hanger. Who needs clothes in their closet anyway? Someday(!) I will actually look into these totes and see if there's any hope of finishing these projects. I know some of them are on bind-off or sew-together status. Others are on swatching status. But that's for another day. I am just glad they are hanging up. You may be wondering just how many totes are in there, all hung up so nice and organized...ummm...not ready to divulge that information! Suffice it to say it's a walk in closet.

All of this (somehow logically) led me to the dresser full of yarn in the office. I collected some of my stash of wool to donate to Warm Woolies and found some wool-blends and other yarns to donate to Knitting Ladies, which looks like a Great Program.

I will also be selling some of my stash too, first up will be a kit that I bought quite awhile back that has several types of Lorna's Laces yarn in it. I never even opened the mesh bag until today and I never bought the pattern. I think it was supposed to be a vest or shawl. Hopefully someone who isn't intimidated by starting a "big" project will want to give this kit a home. (I offered it to Big Knitter, but you know, it's just not his thing)


I am working on a website page to list my destashing efforts. I should have something up by tomorrow.

Until then, back to the needles.

Trish

No comments: